Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going with the processor first. It's an Intel e8500. I placed it in there but the latch frame doesn't seem to close over it. I tried moving the lever down, but it applied too much resistance so I stopped. The triangle is also lined up, so I think it in there correctly.

Should I apply more pressure? Don't worry, I've been gentle thus far.

Also, are there any good references for building my rig? I read somewhere that I should apply some kind of thermal paste. That's not something mentioned in the instructions. Little tips like that would be great. Please help!

I have a GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The pins don't insert into the processor. They just make contact with them. I think my processor is not supported by the motherboard.

edit- Well, it's supported it seems. This really sucks... any ideas?

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh boy, that was tough. Hope I didn't damage anything. That's probably the most resistance I've ever experienced in all my days of modding. I heard some slight crackling. Not snapping... just crackling. Are the pins supposed to dig into the cpu? That's the only rational reason I can think of as to why it was so tight. Ok, next step I guess.

Please check this thread often. I'm sure there will be other problems.

thanks again

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Only thing that comes to mind is a couple months ago when a couple of people didn't take the protective plastic cover off the cpu, and inserted it in the socket with it still on. That would make it very hard to latch. It takes a bit of force, but not a whole lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.