Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm playing Elder Scrolls Oblivion, and somehow I've become a vampire. While this gives me extra powers, it can be a pain if I can't find anyone to feed off and the sun is coming up. Are there any spells or cloaks that will allow me to go out in daylight without losing strength and dying?

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Unfortunately, I think you're pretty much stuck with it. That's one of the big downsides to being a vampire. You can cure yourself of vampirism (talk to a chapel priest or healer), but other than that I think you're stuck. Just do your best to find people to feed on, or only go out at night.

By the way, you catch the vampirism disease (porphyric hemophilia) from other vampires (when you get attacked by them). Before it takes hold of you, you can cure it with a simple Cure Disease potion or spell, but once you're a vampire, curing yourself is a long process.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Indoril, I've found something in my quest notes from when I was turned into a vampire. It says I need to go to the Arcane University and talk to someone who will heal the vamp disease. I'm 75% vampire now so I'm probably beyond self-help.

Pharoah, why do you have to lure me over to the dark side? :evil: :winkgrin:

I don't usually cheat in games, but this one looks very tempting. I'll use it until I can find a cure, as it's difficult to do any market trading at night when the shops are closed.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
3,450 Posts
I can't recall exactly but i'm pretty sure in you can protect from this by using resist fire enchantments.
Don't quote me on that, i know it is actually called 'sun damage' but i haven't played as a vampire for more than 5 minutes (i'm a goody two shoes that carries a lot of potions) so i'm not sure if it will work properly.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the tips. I'll try and concoct a potion to reduce the sun damage, and if that doesn't work I'll use the hood until I can get to the Arcane University for a proper cure.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
According to the official strategy guide, if you talk to a chapel priest or healer, they will point you in the right direction for a cure - you end up doing a quest or something for the Count of Skingrad, and you get cured at the end.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You people are very wise in the ways of Oblivion :tongue: I'll be back to test your knowledge next time I get stuck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.