Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately i have been gettin Windows explorer illegal operation errors. i click ok and the desktop changes and it says something about the active desktop and how i should remove the last thing i added to the DT by going to settings, but i have nothing in the list to delete. And it asks if i want to restore my active desktop, and i do. Thats about all, i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Also, the Left side of all open folders -where it shows details about the file selected and what not- when viewed as a web page doesn't show up anymore, this means that i cant access my windows folder because i can not click on the "modifying the contents of this folder may damage programs" warning to see the files in it. It also means i cant view the little pictures that show up when you click on a .jpg or something.

=My system=
4 year old Compaq

-P3 500 mhz
-384 mb pc133
-13 gb

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
well

when you say lately what exactly do you mean, can you trace this back to a time when it did not happen, and maybe think of what you might have changed? perhaps you corupted your copy of "iexplore.exe" and it is failing to work right. the only sure fire way i can think of to fix it is to reinstall, but perhaps you could start an install, and let it replace itself with a new copy, that leaves the drivers intact, as far as ive ever seen. so if you have the 98CD then try that perhaps. or wait for a better answer. (i would wait for a better answer if i was you)

~BoB~

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.