Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an odd question so you can awnser this at leasure.

Is it possible to transmit video over lan to another PC's monitor. Not for remote assistance purposes. What I would like to do is i have a audio server and it has some pretty cool visualizations so I leave it on, but what I would like to do is when I turn on another PC, for example my laptop and I start coding, then I decide to take a break i can put the visualization up on that screen so I dont have to look at an ugly screen saver or just an ugly screen. I have a lot of monitors in my room, so i think that it would be quite a religous expeirience to have good visualizations on 5 seperatly placed monitors at once.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
close but I am looking for a more software aproach.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Why not just stream the audio to one of the other PCs, open up an audio player, and use the visualizations on those fullscreen?

I'd imagine that streaming the video and capturing the screen would eat up a lot of bandwidth- not to mention that even under good circumstances, streaming video usually looks pretty crappy.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
perfect exactly what I am looking for, execpt for the fact that it costs money but that can be fixed :deveous:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.