Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I did something really very stupid.

The other day I was having some problems with MS Internet Explorer. I thought to myself, 'why not re-install the browser? It can't be that difficult.' It was.

You see, unlike the user-friendly Macintosh, you can't just delete IE from your hard drive and re-install it for some reason.

Anywho, I searched for some help for this and found a program called IEradicator. I used it to completely eradicate IE from my Win95 PC. The problem is, now I can't use Outlook Express for my email. I get a dialog box which says something like "Cannot find the file C:\ProgramFiles\OutllokExpress\MSImn.exe"

What's worse is that I can't use another Email program like Eudora as it crashes everytime I try to set it up.

I tried to update to a newer version of IE (I'm currently using 4.0) right now--at least I think it's 4.0) but when I did, I got a dialog box which stated that the upgrade couldn't be completed because I wasn't connected. I don't know how that could be as my cable modem is working just fine.

I tried using Netscape, but I got a bunch of Java script errors and it froze too.

As it stands, I can still surf the web and download stuff as well as get my email by going to my ISP (think of it as going to the post office to get your mail, rather than having it delivered directly to your doorstep). However, I'd really like things to go back to the way they were.

Please help!:confused:

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
You may be facing a re-install. :) I never tried nuking IE and getting it back, so you're on new ground here. :D

·
STILL Stuck in a treestand....
929 Posts
Just had that problem with outlook on a w98 system. The only thing and I mean only way I got this problem fixed was to format and scrub the whole system. Then reinstall it. If it was me I'd save all of my files and just reinstall windows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.