Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Using IE8 we are trying to connect to an ssl server. If the URL is not added manually in the trusted sites (Internet options -> security -> Trusted Sites) we are seeing a java exception. After manually adding the URL in trusted sites everything works fine.

Exception seen in java console is netscape.javascript.JSException: Access is denied.

In IE7 it works fine even if we donot manully add the URL in trusted site. Please let me know why we should add URL in the trusted sites manually for IE8.

2. Please let us know if there is any debugger tool available to debug XSS script errors occurred in IE8.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
PHP:
deepthi_dl 
 IE8 Trusted sites 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Using IE8 we are trying to connect to an ssl server. If the URL is not added manually in the trusted sites (Internet options -> security -> Trusted Sites) we are seeing a java exception. After manually adding the URL in trusted sites everything works fine. 

Exception seen in java console is netscape.javascript.JSException: Access is denied.

In IE7 it works fine even if we donot manully add the URL in trusted site. Please let me know why we should add URL in the trusted sites manually for IE8.

2. Please let us know if there is any debugger tool available to debug XSS script errors occurred in IE8.

Hello

I had the same problem before i cam to know that it's not the problem with the IE8 but it's problem with the Website itself

I will tell yo why it is

When some websites are constructed IE7 was available so these websites built sites which are compatible with the IE7 Browser but when it comes to IE8 comes the compatibility Issues with the Website

When u add manually it tries to change the Registry Versiontracker registry file which makes to be compatible with IE7 or IE6 so that u will not any problem.

So that sites had to be upgraded to the IE8 compatible or u have to enter in the Trusted sites in Internet Options

:pray: god to make everything compatible with IE8

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.