Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Very strange problem with my IE7 on Win XP system (Fujitsu Siemens laptop Xi1546 btw).

Basically, so far ive only noticed it on those 2 sites but essentially the problem is, certain links on the site, when clicked, do nothing.
Youtube for e.g. the videos always have a 10 minute delay before they load. Regardless of time of day, whether im using GB youtube servers, or the kind of video, OR even if i change go home and use my home internet, same problem: 10 minute delay before the video loads. This must mean a setting which has gone awry? Metacafe works fine and it also uses Shockwave so why does my laptop hate youtube?
Also if i click to change servers on youtube, e.g. choose youtube UK, IE just 'loads' the page but stays stuck. Other websites work fine so its not a temporary lack of internet thats causing this.

Facebook is really bad and has the same 'loading but stuck problem.' I post messages on walls and it stays stuck but if i click profile, that loads instantly and it says ive posted..? I cant goto the groups page, or events, it just stays stuck and wont load. ive had this problem for about a couple of months..

overall i think its a setting for my IE, but what do you think? really appreciate help, really fed up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol thanks :p i tried mozilla and it had same problem and so forgot that there are other browsers!!

i wonder what was wrong then.. anyways thanks again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok did an experiment,
downloaded firefox and opened youtube on both firefox and opera.
worked fine on opera but on firefox the vids wouldnt load (same as IE)
i downloaded flash, shockwave and java again but this didnt change it.

oh well, using opera now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.