Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my mother-in-laws Vista e-machine IE7 and Firefox cannot cannot connect (cant fine the page) yet the Network and Sharing Center graphic show the PC connected to the Network then to the Internet. Looking at view status show activity bytes sent and received, yet I'm unable to connect to the browsers to the internet. Trying to repair the connection Vista tells me there is noting wrong....

I've reset the modem, (Comcast) and the phone support confirmed my IP address was correct.

I was able to connect using both browsers before some changes (which I cant fully recall) such as turning on Defender, deleting Norton 360 (trial had expired), downloading Vista updates, security updates and NET3.X updates. After intalling these items I lost connection.
I have removed recent Vista updates, turned off Defender and the Vista firewall. I have install new drivers for the nvida nForce 10/100 mbps eithernet card. No joy.

I did a Vista restore back to before I stared messing with the PC, with the same results, I'm connected to the internet but IE7 wont restore.
I tried Ipconfig /flushing with no positive results. I tried netsh int ipv4 reset.log and netsh int ipv6 reset.log with the result that I needed "elevating".
Don't know what that means

I can do a entire system restore which reformats the HD and reload a fresh OS, but am reluctant to do so as the PC is not mine (I'm in deep enough poop with the Mother-In-Laws daughter as it is).

Any ideas on what to try next?

Don

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.