Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! :wave:
I'm new here and this is my first post...

I have a problem with IE7 and i need some help please.

I'm working with Windows XP Pro SP3,
actually the OS was originally installed as a WinXP with SP2 integrated and recently i've installed the SP3.

The problems start occur right from the start - ever since i've installed the IE7 (a few moments after installed a fresh installation of WinXP SP2) I run into some series problems with it.
it seems like every once in a while IE7 suddenly freezes and the only way to close it is through the Task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del).
It used to crush in a quite high frequent (5 or 6 times outta 1 hour of activity).
I started to make some assumptions:
at first i thought IE7Pro might be the cause (this add-on, wich i also installed right after i installed IE7), so i removed it and that didn't solve my problem.
then - i thought maybe SP3 has some fix that handle this issue so i installed SP3 and that didn't solve the problem either,
although, if I remember it right - now IE7 crushes in a lower frequent (say 2 or 3 times outta 1 hour of activity).

The fact that my PC was quite "clean" (it was after a fresh installation of WinXP) makes me rule the option of malware\spyware etc...
however i'm far from being a genius so... :4-dontkno

for now I'm quite helpless and have no idea what can possibly be wrong?
I'd reeealy appreciate any help!
Thanks in advanced!

sorry for the poor language (I don't speak English).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Click on 'Start', click on 'Run'.

In 'Run' type "eventvwr.msc" without the quotes and click OK.

In the left pane of Event Viewer click on 'Internet Explorer'.

In the right pane look for any errors.

Should you find an error, double click on the error to open 'Properties'.

In error properties you will find an 'Event ID' number and in 'Description' there is a blue link to MS for more information.

Should you wish to post the information, click on the 'clipboard' icon (the one just below the directional arrows, looks like 2 sheets of paper).

Come back to this thread and in a blank area of the reply, right click and select 'Paste'.

Also while in 'Event Viewer' click on 'System' and 'Application' and look for errors.

Should you find more than one error you feel the need to post, open notepad or other text editor. Click on the clipboard icon in the error properties, right click on a blank area of notepad and select 'Paste' and press 'Enter' twice to double space.

Select another error, click on the clipboard icon, right click in notepad and again select 'Paste'.

When all errors are recorded in notepad, go to 'Edit' and select 'Select All'. Go to 'Edit' again and select 'Copy'.

Come back to this thread and right click in a empty area of the reply and select 'Paste'.

From there we may be able to help resolve the problem.

BWT your English is very good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi kniht,
thank u for postin.

for now - there's no events on the right pane of the Event Viewer.
i'll just wait for the next crash to happen and check again, see if it'll record it and post it here.
how come this Event Viewer (which BTW is new to me) didn't record the last crashes?
does it supposed to record all crashes?

Regards.
Chain Reaction.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Did you get the internet explorer 7 thru windows updates or did you download it from Microsoft thru a download site?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It just got stuck again...
There's nothing listed on the Event Viewer...

does anyone has an idea of what can be wrong with IE7?
anyone else has or had the same problem maybe?

I've noticed there's an IE forum,
can you please move this topic over there?
maybe someone there experienced the same thing.

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Try this:

Right click on the IE desktop icon and select 'Start without add-ons'.

If IE doesn't freeze up on you then an add-on is causing problems.

(BTW = by the way)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for postin' kniht!

tried this...
still...
IE froze without add-ons.

If you have another idea I'll be glad to hear(read).

in the meantime, I think I'll try Mozilla or something,
though I really cant stand any other explorer...

Regards.
Chain Reaction.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Try one more thing. Right click on the IE7 desktop icon and select 'Properties'.

Go to the 'Advanced' tab and at the bottom click on the 'Reset' button.

Before resetting you may want to read this

·
Registered
189 Posts
i personally recommend that you use firefox :wink: i think its a million times better than IE, once you start using it you wont want to stop!!
although if you do want IE, then you can try reinstalling it, just go to add/remove programs, and then add remove windows components, deselect internet explorer, finish the wizard, restart computer, then do the same steps again except you want to tick IE the 2nd time.
let us know how you get on!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.