Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't use IE (Firefox instead) but this has been bugging me for a while since sometimes IE is useful.

Whenever I open IE, I get a message that says "No connection to the internet is currently available. To view Internet content that has been saved on your computer click Work Offline. Click Try Again to attempt to connect." My comp is always connected to the internet. Firefox, Yahoo IM, and AOL work fine; but IE refuses to ever detect a connection. If I click "Try again" it connects just fine. What is that about?

I had a trojan and some other malware a little bit back and your helpful techs helped me remove them. So I am clear in that aspect. They told me to go here after they got me clear and I am just getting around to it.

Correction: Yahoo IM is not working as it should. It keeps disconnecting every few hours. Not sure why. Started happening after the trojan/malware was removed.

Also, before the whole trojan/malware deal, whenever I got email, a Yahoo IM feature alerted me to the new message. That alert still shows up, but before I could double click that icon and a Firefox window would open up and take me to my Yahoo mail inbox. Now when I double click it, the icon goes away but no Firefox window opens.

Let me know what other info you need.

Chris

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.