Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Running a PC with WinXP sp2, recently after I ran Malwarebytes and removed a few spyware, IE7 started this issue...IE7 issue (Website found, waiting for reply...) and it just stays that way forever. PC is connected to the internet, AVG, and windows update show trying to auto update and shows 0%, they never get the updates, and I never get a message about Page cannot be displayed. I have since ran more AV and anti spyware software, SFC has ran, LSP Fix, WURT, ran HiJack This to check for any problems, ran MS Regclean, Winsock Fix, Windows Security Center Fixes, reinstalled the NIC driver, and removed McAfee security Center and turned off the Windows Firewall. All have proved to do nothing. Except for this issue the PC is working perfectly.
I want to also add, I just took a look at Windows Task MAnager, and see a System Idle Process showing CPU @ 99, but at the bottom shows CPU Usage @ 0%.

I appreciate any help you guys could give me. I feel helpless, until this I thought I was a hell of a PC Tech. LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Expanding upon the original post....

I have now tried IE7 while in safe mode w/networking, and Hmmm, it goes online. No problems. Switch back to Normal Mode and IE still does not load the website.
I have even Re-Installed IE7, with no luck.
I have also run the IE7 Run Once Fix, with no luck. I ran this because I noticed, in the address bar, its always been trying to call up a go.microsoft.com/xxxx/KB=xxxxxx link instead of the set homepage link. As if it were trying to bring up the First Run IE7 thinga-ma-jig.

:upset:Thanks for any help, bout to pull out what little hair I have left. Or do a complete system reload. :upset:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I have scanned the system numerous times, and its down to finding nothing. So I am pretty sure I have cleaned it all up. I will pass on some info on what I did tto fix it. My lead computer tech told me to try this new utility he found online called "Combo Fix". I recommend you check it out, its a very nifty program. I found the utility at :

Download link is near the bottom. Be careful you can mess up your pc if you not sure what your doing. Anyways it fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.

·
TSF Emeritus
15,080 Posts
I am well aware of ComboFix. it is a very powerfull tool and should not be used unless under the supervison of a trained analyst.

I removed the link for safety of the other users.

Dont get me wrong, it is a very good and usefull tool to use. I just dont want it to be used in wrong hands

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have exactly same problem. Win Vista and Win 7.
IE7 and Firefox.
Connected through ADSL.
Google works, cnn.com works but most of pages says Website found... waiting for reply

Anyone helps?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.