Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have recently been thru malware disinfection with the HijackThis TSF crew. Have installed IE7 and find that webpages are either displayed poorly (see screenshot of TSF home page in attachment) or not at all (Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage). Also get frequent errors reported by IE (problems wih the web page might prevent it from displaying properly...). I also had this same problem with IE7 before the disinfection. I backed IE7 out and IE6 worked fine. Then tried IE7 again and am still having the above problem. Can you help?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Struggled with this for a couple of days; tried most of the suggested remedies with no joy. Finally followed a link that appeared just before the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message (clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mscmxpcy0020000006mrt/direct/01/) which eventually took me to My Office Online - sign in. That led me to MS Live ID (https://accountservices.passport.net/ppnetworkhome.srf?lc=1033). Once I had signed into my Passport account, IE7 displayed the pages it had refused to. Can it be that MS now requires a Live ID before permitting display of certain pages? Say it ain't so!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ie7

i dont like IE7 im not able to save in favorits can i go back to my IE6 my husband hates the new IE7 how do i go back to my IE6

·
Registered
8 Posts
how do i go back to my IE6

Did you try to uninstall IE7 via Add or Remove Programs (Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, Windows Internet Explorer 7)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ie7

i found internet exployer developer toolbar did'nt see windows internet exployer in add remove will i get my ie6 back
thanks for your help

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
* Go to Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/View - Enable the Show Hidden Files and Folders.
* Go to Start Menu/Run paste the following code & press enter(check the exact path in your windows folder)
o %windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.e xe
OR
o %windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2$\spuninst\spuninst.ex e
OR
o %windir%\ie7beta3\spuninst\spuninst.exe
* One other way to do is to manually navigate to the path shown above and click on spuninst.exe.

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/uninstall-ie7-beta-from-your-computer-6196.html

·
Registered
8 Posts

Or you could go here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/support/default.mspx
How do I install/uninstall Internet Explorer 7?
To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 to return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
1. Click "Start," and then click "Control Panel."
2. Click "Add or Remove Programs."
3. Check "Show Updates" at the top of the dialog box.
4. Scroll down the list and highlight the version of Internet Explorer 7 that you are running, and then click "Change/Remove." (If you are running Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview — March 20 or later, it is not necessary to check "Show Updates.")
5. Go here (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.mspx)
and select the appropriate version of Internet Explorer 7 for your operating system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i did that all thats showing up in my add remove programs is internet exployer developer toolbar its allso in show updates it shows i used it yesterday can not find any Ie7

·
Registered
8 Posts

Out of curiosity, why do you have the developer's toolbar? If you are not developing/ modifying web pages, you don't need it. Set a restore point and delete it via add or remove programs.

If you never had the beta version of IE7, you will probably have the file "spuninst.exe" on your C:\ drive in the following folder:
C:\WINDOWS\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe
To make sure you have the right uninstall file, double click on it and look for the message "Windows Internet Explorer 7 Removal Tool; Use this wizard to remove the following software update: Windows Internet Explorer 7; To continue, click Next." If the message is different, you don't have the correct file.

Be careful! In its infinite wisdom, MS uses the same file name for many of its removal tools. At the end of the procedure, you should have your IE6 restored. If not, go to the MS site referenced above and download the appropriate version.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.