Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up until recently I had been using IE7 to access the net but a few weeks ago it the program started "playing up". I would be browsing the net when IE would freeze up and become non-responsive and when I pressed Ctrl, alt, delete to close it Windows task manager would show my cpu (Intel Celeron 2.66ghz) running at 100% and only after I had closed down IE, the cpu would drop back down to around 16%.

This happened everytime I used the program so I decided to go with the latest Firefox and although it is more stable than IE7 it seems to have trouble with playing streaming media. I have re-installed Realplayer, Media Player and others but it doesn't seem to help. This has only been happening in the past few days and at first I thought it had something to do with Norton Internet Security but I don't see how it could be.

If anybody could shed some light on these problems, it will be most appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
well most likely the reason IE7 froze up is because it is a slightly dangerous program just because it is made by microsoft and it is very"intertwined" with your system making it it easily accessed and very vulnerable in some cases so when it starts up it might cause a lot of other things to happen (bad things) and not to mention it is the most used and default internet browser for windows XP making it the number one program for hackers to create viruses for now firefox on the other hand is a lot more stable in these problems it is in my opinion a better program but now about the media problem in firefox it is very simple when something doesn't work and error notice comes up of if you don't don't have the right plug-in for something(maybe causing a video not to play) the area where the object is will be a puzzle piece you can click on that to download the right plug-in to fix the problem if that doesn't work you could look around in the preferences to see if any settings are not how you want them to be your other option is to post again about the problem or send a troubleshooting problem to firefox help

if you have any other questions just post back or email me i would be glad to help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.