Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.... I am ashamed to say it, but I have a problem..... Whenever I go to download a *.zip file, it "opens the file in it's current location".... I know that this is probably going to be a quick regedit fix, but I havr no idea where to start looking, and I really don't want to re-install XP again if I screw up.

S

·
0 Posts
I would check my winzip preferences.

You can always back up your registry to a floppy first...:confused:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not running Winzip.. I'm using winrar, and it's a IE preference each time you download something...it has the little box that says don't ask me again... apparently my mom was making my life easier by pushing the button to make it go away, but instead of choosing download everytime, she chose to have it open it each time instead... but yeah backing up to a floppy probably would work.... I'm running XP, it'll probably fix it self if I screw up, but there is still the ingrained fear of the registry from win98... thanks though

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
once in IE : Tools > Options > Security > Default Level

Then if you had custom levels you will need to re apply them. :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'm at work now but I'll give it a shot when I get home... it's amazing to believe it's that simple... maybe I shouldn't be a mentor :D (hey if everyone else is going to say it I get to join in too)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't mean much by it I just got a little razzing from Danrak, and a little bit more in my PMs.... I cleaned those out though.Danrak
.............BUD?

S

·
0 Posts
Well if you own a computer or two and you don't have any problems, Then you are the chosen one, The Guru of Guru's...:D

Ya know what I mean...BUD...:winkgrin:

·
Registered
852 Posts
We all know I NEVER have problems with my computer................

Savior of the damned what? (te he he he)

I think Danrak is messing with our titles a little. Did you choose your's Speedo? Mine just appeared from nowhere, like magic.:confused:

S

·
0 Posts
Geeez! Where am I going now.

That's all that I know is that wherever I'm going when I get there that's where I'll be....

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well guess what.... It didn't work... I tried to dowload a .zip and the damn thing just opened from current location.... it's okay though, as soon as I get my XP cd back I'm going to re-install ( I NEED styleXP) I have nightmares that the XP teletubbieness is going to get me

·
hey
10,189 Posts
JAMMAN said:
I think Danrak is messing with our titles a little. Did you choose your's Speedo? Mine just appeared from nowhere, like magic.:confused:
Actually we had a discussion on his sig, he choose it himself. I had nothing to do with that one. Besides, do you really think that I would get bored one night when I couldn't sleep, that I would go around and change the Super Mods/Mods/Mentors user text?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Abuse of administrative power. I can see the ad in the paper now......" Wanted- administrator for a growing popular free computer help forum. Some experience nessesary.":D :D :D

·
hey
10,189 Posts
Whos sig are you talking about?

Not mine I hope!
Valiant2003's user text

Abuse of administrative power. I can see the ad in the paper now......" Wanted- administrator for a growing popular free computer help forum. Some experience nessesary
For what this pays!? You'll be waiting a long time.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not worthy enough to have my profile messed with... either that or I'm "special":dontknow:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.