Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with IE6 and was womdering if anyone could help me out. Whenever I click on a link that opens in a new window, everything freezes for 5-10 seconds. The cursor still moves (hand w/ pointed finger instead of arrow), but that is the only thing that will function. Sometimes when doing this, refreshing the screen may also takes a little longer than usual, or the screen sometimes may not refresh at all. After going through my programs, searching for potentially problematic things I could uninstall, I came across two programs called 'Interstitial Ad Delivery by n-CASE'and 'PAD Lookups by n-CASE' Upon attempting to uninstall either one, both attempts direct me to this page: http://www.180solutions.com/Consumers/nCASEAdsUninstaller.aspx At this point, the IE6 freezing problem ceases until the pc is rebooted. After downloading the uninstaller as directed on the page, it contains no .exe files and no means (that I can identify at least) of uninstalling either program. I have contacted the company regarding the matter (still awaiting a response) So now I'm left with no means of uninstalling this program, and I have to go through all that to make the IE6 freeze problem stop every time I start up my pc. I'm almost at wit's end with all of this.
Again, any help anyone can offer in fixing these problems
would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
hey
10,189 Posts
I was having a similar problem and it was fixxed just be deleting the temp files. Have you tried that? I haven't heard of the two programs you mentioned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. Deleted all the temp files, cookies, history... all that. And I've never heard of the programs either. I assume they "piggybacked" on some other program I've downloaded, but I'm really not sure where they came from.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1) Click Start, click Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2) In Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3) In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, select the n-CASE program, and then click Change/Remove.
4) Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the program.
5) Close the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, and then close Control Panel.
6) Click Start, and then click Run.
7) In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK.
8) In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click the Startup tab.
9) Click to clear any check boxes for 180Solutions, Inc. programs, for n-CASE, and for msbb.exe, if they appear and are selected.
10) Close the System Configuration Utility dialog box.
11) Restart your computer.

Hope that helps...........

NetEngineer...........

www.wsbconsulting.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.