Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a problem on my brother's PC (Dell, WinXP, AOL Dial up service but uses IE for the web)
He can access the Internet but cannot load any pages to sign-in on sites. These include Hotmail, Verizon or banks. (and Tech Support Forum)These pages come back as "Cannot be displayed"
For instance he can get to main MSN.com page, but not the Hotmail sign in page.
We've checked all the security settings and made sure cookies are on. Also disabled Norton Anti Virus.
Obviously some setting or program is not allowing secured pages to load, I am flummoxed at what it could be.
Any ideas what it could be?
Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
i have this problem... IE cant load up them sorta pages aswell its annoying as i use IE as my primary browser, IE cant load up TSF either. So instead of using IE have you considered using Firefox? im using Firefox right now, this is how i get into hotmail and TSF

·
Registered
255 Posts
if i use IEFIx and it uses the IE on my 2kp disc, will i lose my IE Version 6?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
It doesn't remove any files, so you will still have IE 6. You may need your 2000 CD. If you don't have it, then just press Cancel. It may ask you for your service pack CD. If you don't have it, then point the path to C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles

All of these simple directions you can find here.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ok then thanks, i was just wondering in case it did, i have my 2kp disk so theres no worries :grin:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We used CCLeaner and did a system restore back a couple of weeks. That cleared up whatever was causing the problem. Thanks for the help Res.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.