Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using ie 7 and it will not run. It opens for 3 seconds and shuts down with no error messages. I have run all sorts of spy ware/anti virus, installed ie 8, tried using the disc..nothing has worked. I use firefox no problem, but there some programs i can't open with fire fox. The icon in the control panel it there but there are no words next to it and it will not open either. Please help!
Thank you.

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,884 Posts
If you have any toolbars installed, try uninstalling them. If you have any pop-up blockers installed, disable or uinstall them.

If you are using IE 7 you can try to run the program without loading any add-ons to see if one of them is causing the problems. To do this, click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

(You can also load IE without add-ons by clicking START --> RUN and then typing iexplore.exe -extoff)

If those don't work try to re-register IEPROXY.DLL by clicking START --> RUN and
regsvr32.exe "c:\program files\internet explorer\ieproxy.dll" and then clicking OK.

·
Security Team , Visiting Trainee (247)
1,070 Posts
Hey, seems very weird you might have a corrupt Browser. Try opening IE in safe mode, when pc is starting keep pressing f8 then choose safe mode + networking.

Malware can also do this make sure your pc is clean.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I opened in safe mode..ie opened..but shut down after 1 min with error message stating there was a problem. I tried the microsoft link...it's not compatible with my version. Xp pro sp3......now what?
How do i fix a corrupt ie?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spike2me....thank you! It worked! I use firefox most of the time, however there a couple of sites that wont open with firefox.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.