Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Ive had MANY hard disk problems over the past few years. And basicly. I copied a windows dir from another hard disk, to put on this one. And I cant remember why, but IE wouldnt work. So i downloaded IE 6, and it said i already had it installed. So i downloaded IE 7, and that didnt installed properly. So now, i CANT uninstall any IE, and i cant install any IE (untill the next update).

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

(plus ive tried the reinstall windows thing on the XP disk and on add removed programs)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this problem earlier, too -

I used System Mechanic 6 Professional, and manually uninstalled ALL instances of IE 7... then rebooted... then reinstalled IE 7 again, and it fixed everything.

Give that a shot?

Sys Mechanic has a featured to "remove program not listed" and it does a hardcore search of the whole system for it...

Try it out and let me know if it works for you...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok i got it...but i cant install...because it thinks i still have Zone Alarm!!...

Any Ideas lads?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i got it installed...and it said that it uninstall IE...but i tried IE 6 setup again...and it said i have a higher version installed...so im just going to see if i can uninstall it again

thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i cant:S...i cant get IE 7 cause it wants to update...but i cant because i installed XP off a netowrking cd

formatting my hard disk for the first time seems the best option

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.