Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a prob where windows update for IE 8 would not install. I tried to reinstall IE 8 but when the program removed the old installation of IE 8, then scanned my computer for malware, then reinstalled IE 8. It gave me an error telling me my Cryptographic services were disabled.
I was then left with IE 7 for a browser. I tried to system restore to an earlier date but my request was denied.
I now cannot enter any information in the login or password box of any website (bank or forum) using IE 7. But, I can enter the login and password information using Monzilla Firefox browser to access my accounts.
In windows XP when I open Start then open the Help and Support program I can not enter any info in the Search options, all I see is a flashing "type or paste your search terms". I also cannot enter any info going into Start then opening Windows Search, but I can in the Search Companion part of the program. I am also able to enter info when I go to Start the open the Run program.
My operating system is XP professional service pack 3

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Go to Start/Run and type services.msc hit enter. Scroll down to CryptSvc. Right click it and choose Properties. Make sure the Service is Started and the StartUp type is Automatic. Then go to Start/Run and type CMD and hit enter. In the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and hit enter. Then type ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter. Then type ipconfig /renew and hit enter. Download IE8 again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thank you for your info but the situation has not changed.
When I went to cryptographic services, I received an error, An error has occurred in this dialog. error :19 object doesn't support this property or method.
I then verified that CryptSvc was started and the startup type was auto. I also went to Start/Run and typed CMD and at the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and hit enter. Then type ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter. Then type ipconfig /renew and hit enter. During this operation I received an error that IE had to close and an error was being sent to Microsoft.
I then downloaded IE 8 and after the program scanned my computer, I received the same error as before "IE did not complete, Setup could not verify the integrity of file update.inf. Make sure cryptographic service is running on computer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spike, Thanks again for your assistance. I found that ie 8 was not fully removed and was causing the problem. I completely removed the program and reinstalled ie 8. computer seems to be functioning fine. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.