Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At some point, quite by accident, I clicked & dragged at the bottom of the address bar in IE 6.0, and was able to install a new bar just for links. This was great! Then I had to re-install my system, & was able to do the same thing, but it took quite a little doing, as most of the time nothing would happen when I tried it. Since I had to re-install a second time, I have never been able to repeat this (although I was able to install a seperate links bar below the task bar on the bottom of my screen.)

I would sure like to re-install the links bar on IE, but can finid no way to do this in the menus, help, or anywhere else.

anyone have any ideas?
thanks,
John

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
oh, i think you mean this...

well, i tried to figure out what youre speaking of, and i came up with this. open internet explorer, then click the "VIEW" button, then go to toolbars, then to links. now you have a links bar on your internet explorer. then click and drag the little tab that says links, and pull it down to under the address bar.
i will post a couple of pics of it in a sec.

~BoB~

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
Step One

Sorry about the quality of the images, i reduced them to a 60% quality jpeg file to save space, they were 300k each, and i reduced them to 60k.

i think this is what you mean

~BoB~

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, what you show is exactly what I want.
I have the links toobar selected, and it is found at the right hand side of the address bar, but it will not drag below, or anywhere.

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also I just noticed that my links bar does not have a drag handle for dragging left, and expanding it. (moving the go button and collapsing the address drop box.)

John

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
wait a sec.

i was gonna suggest that, but i couldnt remember if 98 has a lock toolbars button. could you tell me where the lock toolbars button is?

~BoB~

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
"Lock toolbars" is an option when the toolbar is right-clicked as well

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Hmm.... that's weird. Must be version specific then I guess

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.