Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need some advice please!
For quite a while now my computer has been playing up! I checked it for virus's with my McAfee program but nothin was found which is good news. My virus definitions and updates are current.
Anyway to the problem:
Basically everytime I click on a link to another website my computer screen freezes and says Internet Explorer is not responding. For example if I saw a link on this website that I wanted to look at then I would be stuck on this screen, I would have to close down Internet Explorer by pressing Ctrl, Alt and Delete together, and then type in the link address manually. The computer won't open new windows up. I have tried going to Control Panel, Folder Options and then in the general tab clicking open in new windows but it made no difference. Any ideas welcome! Thanks

Jenna

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF

Its always a good isea to scan for viruses with multiple scanners. Let me give you some programs to use to see if your issues get resolved. If not we will focus on other ways to resolve them

Scan your pc with 2 of these free online scanners:
Panda ActiveScan
RAV AntiVirus
Housecall Be sure to put a check the box beside AutoClean
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download / Install / Update / and Run:
Adaware SE check for any updates before running it.
Get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. You can download it at this SITE
To run this tool, install to the hard drive, then open Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection.

Download and install Spybot S&D . Run Spybot and click on the 'Search for Updates' button. Install any updates that are available. Next click on the 'Check for Problems' button. Let it run the scan. If it finds something, check all those in RED and hit the Fix Selected Problems button. Exit Spybot. If you keep getting the DSO Exploit entries, even after you updated Windows and fixed them, then download the Spybot DSO Exploit Fix and install it over the current Spybot installation.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
also

in your control panel, go to internet options to programs... make sure on the bottom ...that internet explorer tab is checked
and in advanced options, click on restore defaults.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.