1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am trying to newly install IE on a Toshiba T1900C with
Win 95A (486, 20 MB RAM, 2 GB HD). It has a PCMCIA
network card that will link to a LAN connection thru a Linsys router and cable modem (no dial up).

Since I have no internet browser connection, I followed
advice on the Microsoft board and downloaded IE 5.0 that did not
need a current connection (burned a CD and accessed via
Bantam Backpack). It was a self-executable file that did
not run in DOS (checkdisk error, cannot open files) so I
added an unzip program. No go. Same result with IE 4 -
lots of lines in the black DOS box saying the files could
not be opened OR getting halfway thru and stating that the
disk was bad or there was a transfer error.

Regular IE 5 will not install without an existing browser
connection. I was thinking of using a different (simpler)
browser just to get connected, so I can set up IE 5
normally.

:angel:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IE install

Thanks guys. I bought the Win95a disk on eBay. The IE did not come with it for some reason. :confused: I downloaded IE 3.0 from the site suggested, but it is causing fatal exception errors.

·
Registered
171 Posts
wow

i would go with the IE 3.0 if course 5.0 will work but since your cpu is so old you should go with the old version. now that you have fatal exceptions i think you should take it to a shop,but before doing that download the latest norton antivirus software and scan the entire cpu.

if you get infections shown up . quarantine them then go into the quarantin folder and deleate them.

i would download Netscape it is free download.com has it dont download 6.0 and newer since your cpu is so old. and if you have 100 mega htz you should upgrade the operating system to win 95b or 98a. so you can use newer versions of IE .

to just get online you should download netscape. to download IE get any aol disk go to my computer explore the disk look for aol 4.0 on the disk then click it . then go to browsers and youll find IE 4.0 youll know that this version is virus free and free of all bugs becasue it comes form aol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.