·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I receive the below Message when I shutdown or reboot my PC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
End Program – iexplorer.exe

This program is not responding.

To return the Windows and check the status of the program click Cancel.

If you choose to end the program immediately, you will lose any unsaved data. To end the program now click End Now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message comes up when shutting down or rebooting my computer and I have hit “End” button 3 or more times on different pop-up windows before it will shutdown or reboot my computer.

When I first turn on my computer or reboot IE explorer takes about 2 minutes to open. This is also true when trying to open a folder on desktop. After I open IE Explorer or a folder initially the other ones open normally. Netscape and other programs on my computer open normally after initial start-up or after reboot.

I am currently running Windows XP Pro with SP2. I run Norton Antivirus routinely. I ran windows update today and showed I was up to date.

I would appreciate any idea of what is causing my problem and how can to fix this it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
yeah, probably some spyware... look around in the shops for some spyware removers, i reccommend spykiller, spysweeper... and microsoft beta spyware is free but i havent tried that. pestkiller is ok.. Maybe you could download microsoft i,e again and see...... or do system restore and see if that will help ! if the problem started like today or summin not long go to system restore and go to a point and restore there, it probably will fix it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actions Taken

I have run Microsoft AniSpyware Beta and AdAWare and it hasn't corrected my problem. I will keep trying to work on my probelm. Any other help would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adubin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.