Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Was wondering whether someone could perhaps help with my somewhat annoying and unusual problem.

I can't log into MSN because I get the following message:

"We could not sign you in to MSN Messenger because Internet Explorer is currently set to work offline. Please change this setting on your browser's File menu, then try signing in again. 8100362"

Fairly simple, BUT IE hasn't worked for me for ages, it always crashes when I go to use it. So I swapped to Firefox. Now the issue is I need to change IE settings without being able to open it, but I don't know how?

Alternatively I suppose I could try and get IE to work, BUT, I've tried reinstalling before, but that didn't work.

Any ideas? :confused:

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
Hi there...

glad you fixed the problem.

Just want to suggest that if you have this problem again, you can change your internet settings in the Control Panel without needing to launch the program:

- Click Start (depending on your Start Menu settings, you may now need to select 'Settings' before Control Panel)
- Then Control Panel
- Double click Internet Options
- The settings applet will now appear

Also, does IE generate a fault error when it crashes? If yes, we may be able to help if we knew what the exact error message is.

Cheers :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.