Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - Has anyone experienced a delay (45 seconds) from the time either a close function is clicked or the a user clicks on the the window "X" or on the "IE" symbol and chooses close?

The situation I've experienced recently is that I've clicked on the "IE" symbol in the top left of the browser window and chose "Close". The windows goes away, but the icon on the system tray remains for approximately 45 seconds before it goes away. This seems to only occur with the window that was opened with a JavaScript open function call.

The only way I've found to correct this is to delete all temporary internet files, including offline content from the Tools menu. It appears very rarely (once or twice a year) and the pages that are affected work continuously without change once the above fix is complete.

This is on a Windows XP Pro system running IE 6.0.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem Internet Explorer would wait 20 seconds before closing after I clicked on the "X", ...After scanning for spyware, reinstalling IE via IE.INF reinstalling Java ..reinstalling flash and shockwave ... I disabled "Site Adviser" which I noticed was not working (Grayed out) after disabling site advisor then IE closed immediatlely after reopening it. I then determinded it was zonealarm permissions that were preventing siteadvisor from accessing and updating which was causing it to lock up causing windows to have to auto-end task it after 20 seconds upon closing IE.

so after experiancing this I suggest anyone with this problem check to see if any plugin doesn't have permission to access the internet through windows firewall or any other firewall you might be using or any program that requires permission. you can also check for any corrupted pluggins by disabling them one at a time or doing what I tried above ..GOOD LUCK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.