Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,693 Posts
To bad there is not like a picture of a nuclear detonation as an option,

Welcome to the forum,

I'm hoping that you have a firewall up with a DSL connection and Kazaa at the same time, also current virus protection set to update like every 5 seconds. :)

Kazaa is not the thing to use, it may have corrupted your browser if you don't have a virus or some other nasty in your system. Also you might want to take a look at your system and run a check for spyware. I good free scanner can be found @ downloads.com the name is Ad-Aware.

It sounds like a virus, or Kazaa has made modifications that make it impossible to use the net without it in the background. Try uninstalling the software. (Although unless you know how to delete reg. keys it may not go away completely)

· Registered
1,693 Posts
The Kazaa people claim no spyware however thats just because they have renamed it in their vocabulary to "sleeper software." And I don't care what they say we have analyzed this network and it does contain software of the, spyware or sleeper ware variety.

Just an FYI :)

· Registered
1,693 Posts
hmm. Did I hit a nerve?

You don't own stock in the company do you? Relatives? :)

Anyway what I was saying before you became hostile and attracted my post on the use-less-ness (is that a word?) of Kazaa was that the Kazaa file system does contain viruses, it conflicts with Microsoft software more often than not, and if you do decide to get rid of it...good luck.

Now I'm not saying the software is un-usable I have used it in the past and I hear it has some good features to it, but it has been my experience that the downsides far out weight the upsides. And when theres a problem with viruses and a user has been using one of these file sharing sites thats more often than not the cause of the problem.

Thats all I'm trying to say here, Also note: I'm not a huge fan of Morpheus either. (Let the flames come)

Really I'm not a huge fan of any file site that causes glitches (more often than not) and has viruses (you cant say they don't) that my end users download and then call me to help clean up. :)

And as far as the spyware scanner I frequently recommend, that is not what I was referring to, and it does not detect sleeper software.

Now... that I'm done defending myself it appears Valiant that you are going out of your way to disagree with me today. Did someone run over your dog today or something? :)

· Registered
1,693 Posts
I was only joking... I love the open forum of boards like these, without opposing opinions a board like this could not be and I love the exchange of ideas, I was just trying to inject some humor along with the differing opinions, so it wasn't such a dry read. :)

I have found Valiant to be wise beyond his years, so no offense meant to anyone.

Maybe Ill drop the joking and stick to only the subject matter. It just seems a little boring and not really my style. :(

· Registered
1,693 Posts
Never used audiogalaxy, Zazaa is a PtP file trading network and not all files have viruses in them, just some, (Mostly any files the people at work download) Thats really the only reason for my dislike the headaches it causes me,because my users download anything and everything with no common sense.

And also like most things that try to integrate with Microsoft products it sometimes causes widespread browsers errors. Not like end of OS type stuff, but still it takes up time to fix these errors.

· Registered
1,693 Posts
No problem valiant, let peace and goodwill on earth reign :)

Your right hopefully mcranger77 got his problem fixed, if not mc Let us know and ill try a different approach besides burning on the PtP network your using.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.