Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have problem with IE, and I now I havent indeas how to resolve them.

As i write in subject: after clear instalation WinXP and application SP2, IE is unusable. When I start IE, IE is loading a page and after a few second whole OS freeze. I have to restart PC. After restart is not some interesting record in system or aplication log. Other aplication (Word, Excel, Outlook, Awast, ....) works well.

Can someone helps me?

Thanks a lot.

marvalik

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF

Is SP2 included on the O.S cd when you install? Try removing SP2 via Add/Remove Programs to see if it is your issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

thank for your help. SP2 in not including on install CD with XP.
Before I install SP2, this fault was't in system (I try it).

I have new informations about this fault. This system freez is not caused only by IE, but by Opera too.
Sorry for my previous mistake in description: this fault is not on every page, but only on some pages (I have instaled last version of java and flash, just to be sure, but it doesn't help).
And when I stop loading of page (in IE), the fault will not apear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for you advices.

I spent 4 days with tests on this fault and I have new snapping: The freez of OS occurs if on web pages is some ActiveX item. For exampel Windows update web page is one of them.

This freez is on WindowsXP+SP1 or WindowsXP+SP2 with all possible updates (microsoft updates, flash player updeates, java updates, and so on).

terrrible situation, but whet I set IE for deny ActiveX items.....the problem is over. But this is wron way of solution, because sometimes I need ActiveX items to enable....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.