Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day, I can't seem to find a solution with this problem so hopefully somebody here can help me.

My OS is Vista Ultimate on a dell studio 1735, 4 gigs ram, 2.5 GHz T9300 processor, ati mobility radeon HD 3650 video card. I downloaded IE 8 from windows update and installed it. I love the browser, works great but after it's installed it messes up my sidebar. My weather gadget is totally transparent except the numbers in it, there is white borders on my calendar and my cpu meter and clock freezes. If I close the gadgets and restart them it's the same thing, freezing and stops working within a minute. I have tried different video drivers for the white border thing but didn't make a difference. All my other drivers are up to date. If I go back to IE 7 the problem goes away. I tried the dell support forums but all they said was to update my drivers which I had already tried. So if anybody has any idea on this I would appreciate your input. Thank You.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I forgot to mention that I installed it 5 or 6 times and had the same results. I used the system restore a few times to go back and I tried to just uninstall the update through control panel but didn't make a difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's kinda funny that the beta version of IE8 didn't effect my sidebar but the final version did. My computer is all up to date so don't know what else to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found the problem. Apparently a lot of people are having the same trouble. I had my DPI set to 110. With a screen resolution of 1920X1200 I wanted my fonts and icons to be a little bigger. My sidebar will only work properly on the default DPI of 96. If I set it to anything else it messes it up, with freezing of the gadgets and they don't display properly. Micorsoft engineers are currently working on the problem so hopefully it will get fixed soon so I can use a custom DPI.

Thank You fgfg9 for your responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.