Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'll try to explain this easily...

My dad has to download some excel files for work related purposes from their company website. For some reason, IE (8 and 9) has been giving him trouble with only certain files. For instance...one had about a list of 50ish items. That one opened fine. The other had a list of 1200 which did not open (IE gave the diagnose connection issue alert). He's also had some other files that would not open.

However, my mom's laptop opens the EXACT files just fine with no problems. I have gone through ALL of the IE settings and matched them EXACTLY, so I'm not sure that that is the problem. We just dont get why one computer running the exact same system and browser will work and the other won't.

Google chrome WILL open the files, but we're having printing issues with that. Also, he would rather stick with IE (he's used it all his life and really prefers not to have to learn a new browser...hes really busy and that would just add another headache for him).

If anyone has any suggestions on what may be the problem, please let me know!

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
34,002 Posts
Does he have the same version of Office as your mom? If he also has Chrome, make sure IE is the default browser.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.