Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

IE 6.0 / Image Size?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  JAMMAN 
#1 ·
Working on some photo restorations for a niece, I wanted to send her some low res .jpg copies, so she could tell me what she wanted done with the photos. I had originally scanned the photos as 300 ppi .TIFF's; & I opened them in Photoshop & created the .jpg copies at 72 ppi. I attached the .jpg's to an e-mail (OE); & opened them, just to make sure they were in real-size for her to have a point of reference. Of course, they open in IE...but they're smaller than real-size.

My question is:

How do I set the res in IE so that the photos will display (& print) in real-size, or set the res in OE, so that I can insert the photos directly into the body of the e-mail?

Thanks in advance,

mark4man

#4 ·
hmm...

well, i think you are talking about a new feature to internet explorer that came along with Internet Explorer 6 and it is known as automatic image resizing. this is switchable in the control panel under internet explorer options. if your friend turns this feature off, and if you do also, then you will have the same result as they do. this is the way you can synchronize your browsers. otherwise the resizing will always make the image fit in the screen, and the resolution settings will change what it sees as the screen. maybe you could shrink them so the internet explorer doesnt think it needs to resize them. if you want to have you and your friends internet explorer not resize, then here is how:

go to the control panel, and go into internet explorer options, and go into the advanced settings tab and uncheck the box for automatic image resizing.

this way it will display the image at 100% even if it is too large to all be seen at once. but besides this and making your pics smaller, there is nothing you can do to the picture to make internet explorer display it in 100% size. if i am mistaken someone correct me. thank you and i hope this helps.

BoB

#5 ·
Bob,

Thanks for the response.

Someone had informed me (at another board) that the default image display setting for most browsers is 96 ppi. I resampled to that resolution; & it worked (I'll also uncheck auto image resizing, per your recommendation.)

Thanks again,

mark4man

#8 ·
johnwill said:
I think your real problem is using IE to display the graphics! Check into IRFANVIEW, it's a free graphics viewer that will be far superior to IE for viewing graphics.
I love that little utility and use it almost daily. Faster than Photoshop for resizing and jumping formats (jpg/ gif) and still supports the ICO format. Really handy and does a better job of resizing than photoshop IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.