Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a couple of ide/sata adapters because its cheaper then buying new HDDs i plugged them in according to the 3 step instructions provided. i plugged them into my motherboard where it said SATA. i boot up and my comuter said i had no HDD installed telling me it couldn't detect the hard drives. is there a specific jumper configuration on the hdd or m/b that i have to do to make it work?

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

hard drive detection seems to be a hit & miss proposition at times / most of the time the drive will show up ready to be used on other occassions you will need to trick the bios and force a hardware detection.

Does the new drive show up in the bios drive detection process ???? does your drive make & size get reported correctly in the bios screen ??????

Connecting the drive to the sata controller requires you install the sata (not raid) driver ???? have you done so ?????

and last but not least you may have to clear the cmos (review mobo manual) about clear clrtc that usually prompts a more through detection

let us know how you progress

regards

joe

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats a mouthful. I'm not entirly sure how to do a lot of that. while i am computer inclined, i don't know that much about them.

i don't really need the adapters so i figure i might as well return them and get my money back. the main reason i bought them was to get rid of some of the clutter in my comp (damn IDE cables)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.