Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had ordered for Asus P4C800-E Deluxe on my Distributor in India, i.e. Neoteric. They supplied me P4C800 Deluxe and told me that P4C800-E Deluxe is not yet supplied to India as well as Asia. I accepted their views and purchased the same. Now I need help on the following:

01. I have purchased Samsung SP0802N HDD which is ATA133 Drive. Now the question is where I should connect the Drive. Should I connect this to Southbridge Primary IDE connector(ATA100) or Promise Primary IDE connector(ATA133)? Which will give better performance.

02. May I able to load Intel Application Accelator on this Board.

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
01... where I should connect the Drive. Should I connect this
If that is your only HDD then I recommend attachment to the Southbridge PRI_IDE port. This way it will (a)keep normal disk traffic off of the PCI bus, and (b)you will not need to load any special drivers when installing Windows. It will also look very standard to all apps that look at what devices your PC has.

I think reviews have shown you will see very little of the extra (33) speed if you instead attach to the Promise PRI_RAID connector. This is why there are so few ATA/133 drives out there in the industry, and so few mobos that offer those ports. Remember these are maximum burst rate speeds, not sustained rates. I think you will likely get the same sustained rate either way (ATA/100 or ATA/133), somewhere around 50MB/s.

You didn't ask about RAID, but let me just say that if later you decide to run RAID then you would wonder what to do about this ATA/133 you already have: should you buy a second one and move both to the Promise, to run as Master/Slave? My recommendation at that time would be no, instead buy 2 SATA drives and attach them to the Promise; it will be more efficient than Master/Slave.

02. May I able to load Intel Application Accelator on this Board.
02. No, we do not think you will be able to use the IAA at all with the ICH5 chipset on this mobo. IMO you don't need it anymore, IMO it was probably a temporary way to speed up older chipsets until newer chipsets came out, but now the newer chipsets are out and already fast. The P4C800-E Deluxe we think would allow the RAID version of the IAA, and in fact it appears to have morphed into mostly a RAID management tool.

Hope this helps,

-clintfan

·
Registered
27 Posts
PKM123_in said:
I had ordered for Asus P4C800-E Deluxe on my Distributor in India, i.e. Neoteric. They supplied me P4C800 Deluxe and told me that P4C800-E Deluxe is not yet supplied to India as well as Asia. I accepted their views and purchased the same.
Thats all nonsense - I am using a P4C800-E Deluxe and it has been available since I enquired about it a month back from Rashi. I think it has been available from Rashi for at least couple of months if not more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear Subman,

Could you please give details regarding purchase of P4C800-E Deluxe in India like date of purchase and telephone no. of Rashi so that I can take up the matter with Neoteric. I am from Bhubaneswar.

Regards

·
Registered
27 Posts
PKM123_in said:
Dear Subman,

Could you please give details regarding purchase of P4C800-E Deluxe in India like date of purchase and telephone no. of Rashi so that I can take up the matter with Neoteric. I am from Bhubaneswar.

Regards
Look up any issue of the Digit mag you should find an ad from Rashi.

Even I was told that the E version of these boards were not available when I got my NON-E P4C800 Deluxe, but I phoned Rashi and they confirmed that the E was in stock. I raised a stinker and got the local dealer to get me one of these E versions as a replacement.

OK here is Rashi's Bombay phone number 022-28260258 email:[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.