Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDE cable help

2K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  bnm81002 
#1 ·
I'm trying to connect my main hard drive(Windows XP), extra hard drive(storage of data, music, etc.) combo drive, CD-ROM drive to my "Master" and "Secondary" IDE cables on my motherboard, how do I connect all 4 components and what Jumper Settings do I use? when I connect the extra hard drive onto the IDE cable, the computer doesn't recognize the drive but the other main drive is recognized, when I disconnect the drive the computer boots up fine w/o problems, the drive has been working fine till I installed the combo drive, I need help here please, thanks :sayyes:

#29 ·
The Problem Is Solved

hey folks I solved the problems that I was having, here's what I did to solve my problem,
I let the computer boot up into Windows XP(it took awhile of course) from there I went to START then RUN then CHKDSK F:\ /f, it ran check disk of the F: drive(where my extra drive is located), it found the errors and fixed them, I accessed the drive by opening it and all my stored data(music, movies, pics) were still there and I restarted the computer and it sees all 4 components and booted up into Windows in no time, a big thanks for all the help provided in here, A BIG UPS TO ALL THOSE THAT HELPED ME OUT HERE :sayyes: :sayyes: :sayyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.