Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a computer running windows 98 has an icon on the desk top that you can not remove. no matter how you try to do it. you can't drag and drop it into the trash can and you can't right click and delete it. the icon use to goto msn internet access. the program itself was removed but the icon still remains. any tips on maybe getting rid of the stupid thing cause it is driving my friend nuts.

·
Registered
283 Posts
How did he remoce the program?

Did he use the add/remove program or did he just delete the program?

See if he has to go to add/remove to uninstall the program and then he could delete the icon.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the program itself is long gone.....it was a used computer that was given to him and the icon has been there since day one. and it's not even an icon anymore...it's just a windows white folder icon that goes nowhere when clicked upon. it's no biggie.... he was just wondering if there was ANY way of getting rid of it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
can you put it into a different folder. iam sure you can not do that eather i got rid of mine but i just deleated the icon when the software was loaded.

iam sorry i really dont know what the problem could be . go with the advise drifters gave you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.