Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All my icons just changed after i alt-tabbed from a game for no reason!? Please take a look at the pictures i uploaded.
Almost 99% of the icons changed into that picture, i could return some of the icons manualy by right click-ing etc.(but that works for like 25% of the time), but thats going to take a life time if i have to do it icon by icon, can someone please help me out?
And before you ask, yes i did restart the pc.

Attachments

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
Do you have any third party programs installed which can change icons such as Icon Packager, Tuneup Utilities? Some programs have keyboard shortcuts to perform tasks and alt-tab may be one.

Also, you could try Microsoft's Tweak UI to rebuild the icon cache which should fix the problem.

Does it always happen with the same game?? If yes, what game is it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i do have a program that converts .gif .jpeg etc. to icons. And nope, i don't have any shortcuts that change icons, i use alt-tab often and this is probably the first time it happend to ALL the icons on my pc.
A simmilar case happend a long time ago, but it only affected 1 folder. I'm scanning my pc right now incase a virus caused this.

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
Sounds more like a corrupted iconcache...if your anti-virus results come back ok, have a think about Tweak UI (it's freeware).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:grin: Worked like a charm, but theres still a couple of icons missing :normal: , take a look at the picture. That ussually happens when a game is uninstalled, but all my games are right there on the hard drive. And btw, "Other pics" is a normal folder like all the others, how come it dosen't have a pic too?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm... it reports icon missing, oh well im not going to choke for having 2 icons missing :grin:
The virus scan finished and the pc turns out to be clean.
Well that solves most of the problem, Big Thanks to nickster and the Tech Support Forum's comunity! ^ ^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.