Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icon of Notification Area on Taskbar

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
How do i move past item to current item in notification area or how do i enable/add an icon on notification area of taskbar ?

#3 ·
Icons in the Notification Area, next to the clock, are programs that are designed to Start with Windows and are running in the Background. They are not shortcuts.
If you mean you would like to add a program shortcut in the Quick Launch toolbar, to the right of the Start button, then read this: Enable the Quick Launch Bar in Windows XP you can drag any Program shortcut to the Quick Launch toolbar.

#5 ·
Is this a Windows XP or a Windows 7 machine? What make is your printer? Usually the printer icon appears only when a process is in progress.

If I understand you right, the icon was present at a previous time. If so, right-click on the system tray area and look for customize icons & then you can click the drop down boxes and chose from
several options.

#6 · (Edited)
What is the make and Model # of your printer?
As stated, you can't add any icons to the sys tray, however, if the program is set to Start with Windows, it will load the application to the sys tray. If you still have the software on the computer, you can start it, go to Options or Preferences and put a check box back in Start with Windows or some such. You can also Go to Start/Run and type msconfig and press enter. Go to the Startup tab. If the program was previously set to Start with Windows, it may have a listing here that a check box has been removed, check the box to have the program Start with Windows. Or you can go to the printer manufacturers support/download drivers and update the driver and software for the printer. If the software is meant to Start with Windows, the icon will return. As previously stated, the printer icon usually only appears in the sys tray when it is being used (eg) printing

#7 ·
Thank you Spunk.funk & Babbzzz,

Spunk.funk your suggestion to go to Options or Preferences worked for me.

But preferences are available in printing preferences which is quite difficult for my user do you have any idea for system tray icon as it worked sometimes ago. I have checked msconfig utility which hasn't such option.

and Babbzzz your suggestion to go to the link you have provided ultimately delete registry key for system tray, which i don't want to do. pls. try as i mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.