Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

A friend of mine runs Windows XP home on his small office network (6 machines). He just bought an IBM Infoprint 21c laser printer that has a NIC built-in. He asked me to see if I could get it working. Well.. It seems I can't. I can't figure it out.
The network is set up with a US Robotics router that uplinks to an 8-port switch. All of the machines are connected to the switch. I plugged in the printer and attached it to the switch. The NIC on the printer lights up as being 100 Full-Duplex. I set the printer to use DHCP, since the router is a DHCP server, but it does not show up on the clients list, and the IP of the printer remains 0.0.0.0. Whats worse, if I assign the printer an IP (through it's front panel) I can't ping that IP at all from any machine (times out). The printer also supports NetBIOS (this is what I want to use) but I cannot change it's default nB name, and I can't browse to that nB name or workgroup.
I'm not sure where the problem begins but I'm hoping someone can help me to resolve this.
Any Advice is more than welcome.
Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.