Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WOULD LIKE SOME recommdation on building my first build up PC
BUDget:not more than 2.5k
MOtherboard:Nvidia (i have used gigabyte but it seems to be not really than stable)
HDD:1 TB ( i want information in choosing a good one)
DISKDRIVE: SAMSUNG blu ray
GRAPHIC CARD:nvidia 1GB
RAM: CONRSNAIR 12 GB
CASE:perfer to more fan at the side of the panel
Processor:i7core
HEATSINK:ZALMAN

i would do alot of graphic and gaming like WARHARMMER, RED ALERT 3
i WOULD LIKE REALLY LIKE TO HAVE SUGGESTION
perhaps INFORMATION ON BEST

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
What platform.......... Intel or AMD? What will the PC be primarily used for?
i7 platform is still WAY over priced and still buggy. A Dual-Core system is still the best Bang for Buck.
If you're doing heavy multi-tasking or video work go Quad-Core. If you want to game go Dual-Core.
If you go Intel select a MOBO with Intel chipsets.
Go with Western Digital for the Hdd(s).
Use a quality brand case with 120MM fans at front & rear and you won't require any additional fans.
Intel stock Heatsink/fans will cool well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i'm also building for the first time. i'm getting an antec 1200, and i have a few questions regarding this case:
1. inside the case, there seems to be a lot of wires hanging around. are these all for the fans and front panel or what?
2. do the case fan wires connect to the motherboard using 3 pin or do they connect to the psu using molex? my mobo(evga x58 tri sli) seems to have only 3 3-pin connectors, how am i supposed to connect 5+ fans if there are only 3 headers?
3. does the antec 1200 come pre-installed with standard ATX mobo standoffs, or i have to screw them in myself? do i have to use the washers?
4. will it cause a short if the mobo comes in contact with the case, when i put the mobo in? how do i properly handle the mobo?
5. should the psu be plugged into the wall and switched off, while at the same time my anti-static wrist band is attached to the case?
so sorry for the long list of questions, i'm building for the first time and i just wanted to ask all you pros for some help. Thanks!

·
Banned
4,862 Posts
I have an Antec 900, and the 1200 is just a scaled up version, so it should be the same.

1.)The wires are mostly connectors for the fans but there should also be some cables that plug into your motherboard for the USB ports and of course the PWR, HDD-LED, and such.

2.) The fan connectors are all molex. If you have to you can "stack" molex connectors, as long as you're careful not to make a loop.

3.) My 900 came with six standoffs already screwed in and had about a dozen more plus all the screws you'll need in a little box. Washers are a good idea.

4.) If the motherboard is recieving power, YES you will get a short. Otherwise, no. Handle the motherboard by the edges, and preferably have the CPU and heatsink already installed. Lower it carefully into place and try not to knock it on anything, and make sure you either have an anti-static wrist strap, or have your arm touching the metal of the case (to prevent static from wrecking the board).

5.) It should be unplugged and turned off. I usually put it in after the mobo, first thing, but people do it different ways. Have your wrist strap attached to the case, yes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.