Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do a complete reformat. I have a Windows XP Setup CD, and I backed up all my desired files onto an external hard drive, but after starting the Windows XP Setup (Full Install, not Upgrade) in Safe Mode (regular doesn't work) and having it reboot and continue trying to install, I get a blue screen with a 0x00 type code. Is there any way to tell the computer to completely reformat the hard drive (2x500GB set up in a Mirror Array, in case one hard drive has a hardware fault, I'll still have the data on the mirrored drive) so that I can install Windows XP all over again, with none of the problems that I'm trying to get rid of? If I insert the Windows XP CD and select to boot from CD, it claims I have no hard drives installed and can't continue. The hard drives are in there, but after getting rid of malwares recently, my computer has gone through several stages of problems, and all I want to do now is reformat and start fresh and free. How do I get my computer to recognize the drives in its pre-OS state, so I can install Windows XP on it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.