Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all this is my first post on this forum and I have a question.

I want to buy a computer kit off of www.pricewatch.com. I wanna buy an Athlon 2100+ but I truly do not know fully what i need but once i have the right stuff I can learn to put it together.

My question is...when I buy this barebones kit I know that I must get a video card, sound card, 512 DDR memory, 80 gigabyte HD. Can sum1 plz tell me what else i need to make this a complete computer.

Your help is very much so appreciated.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to Tech Support Forums INeedHelp and enjoy your visit.

A good heatsink and fan should be on the list.

And of course depending how you are going to connect to the internet you will need a modem or a 10/100 based ethernet card.

A floppy drive.

A CD Rom

A CDRW if you want to burn CD's.

And of course a case would be nice to put all of that neat stuff into..:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to stop by and let you know that pricewatch is whare I just got done building my first new system. It's a great place to deal with and dont be n a rush to buy the first thing you see. It took me around two months to get my system put together for the fact that I wanted the best for cheep. The prices do go up and down by the week from what I have seen. Also take the time to call and see if thay have what you want in stock. After taking the time to fill out all the forms thay have and the time it takes for them to call you (hope your home) just to say we dont have would you like for only x amount of $$$ you could have... It just saves time and money. But in all in all it's a great place to look for puter stuff. Good luck with your new system thay are fun to build.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.