Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen many users that don't use the search function on other forums. I've used it. This is a very unique problem (kinda).

It happened on Sunday. Looking at stuff on Wikipedia. I get the old "Server not found" on FF. :upset: . The internet works on my other computers, but the one I need doesn't work. I do the "unplug and replug cord", "disable and re-enable connection", and restart tricks, but nothing seems to work. :3angry2: . I recently used the greatest program on Windows [Start>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore] and it worked!!! But gone the next day. :3angry1: . I repeat all of the same processes, but this time, the Internet is out on all of them! :ukliam2: . I redo the wiring, and I'm back online with two of them. That's my current status. Help?

Security Programs:
I have SuperAnti-Spyware Free Edition
Avast Home
Macafee

The OS with the problem:
Emachines T5224 Media Center Edition (no modifications)

Connection stuff:
I have Bellsouth FastAccess DSL Lite with a Westell 6100 connected to an Airport Extreme that connects to my XP and also connects wirelesly to an Airport Express that strengthens the connection to my Mac and my other XP. Huh?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have seen this type of issue a couple of times , where the case was the web browser tool bars caused the problem. As in the user had google tool bar, yahoo tool bar, and a couple others installed. I would start out removing everything not necessary that has to do with your browser and or network stack, and that includes firewall tools for that matter.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All I have is the Google toolbar on FF and nothing on IE. I think I'll backup my files and do a full system recovery.

·
Global Moderator
51,319 Posts
Perhaps you should post a HijackThis log in your HJT forum for those folks to take a look at.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't ping, but the problem has been solved. I did a full system recovery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.