Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much as I can live without Incredimail and it's alleged Spyware, it's bloated E:Mails and it's inefficiencies, even after the company has been repeatedly informed that they are lacking in the most basic of Message Rules, my wife and kids love it !!!
In case you don't know, the Message Rules do not allow you to check if the E:Mail is addressed to you, and if it is not, then to leave it on the server, so I constantly get E:Mails forwarded to Outlook Express from my kids that are for me, but they 'accidentally' downloaded "a few days ago" ... yeah, and the rest !!! ... Oh, I should point out that this happens when you have multiple E:Mail addresses under a single useried ... i.e. [email protected], [email protected] & [email protected] ... Incredimail cannot differentiate between these and will download them all if somebody presses the Send & Receive button !!!

An obvious and presumably easy upgrade of their Message Rules would be the most obvious and easiest way around this, I've asked them numerous times but they certainly haven't taken my advice on board as there has been a recent new release with no changes to Message Rules !!!

So, eventually, to my workaround ... does anybody know of any (decent/cheap/free) software that will sit between my PC and the E:Mail programs and perform a similar service to Outlook Express's rules ?!? I have found a few programs that perport to act as servers, but they are very complicated to set up & I'm still not sure that they'll do what I want ... they'll certainly do a hell of a lot more than I want, that's for sure !!!

Basically, I suppose I am looking for a piece of Software that will, when the Incredimail Send & Receive button is pressed, will filter what is on the server ...

Any help greatly appreciated ...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.