Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a new Desktop computer, it is like 7 months old. First, I should say, I build it with a guy who knows these jobs. But when I started to use it, I received BSOD like 3 times a day. Then I sent it to the guy which I build the computer with, he said he fixed it and it was OK. But when I took it back, the BSOD started to appear again. I sent it and we saw that RAM wasn't supporting the computer, so we changed it and get a new RAM. Then, I started using it, everything was OK but then the BSOD appeared again and I sent it back. He said he re-installed the OS so when I get it back, the BSOD started again. So I hope there will be a solution for my problem.

First,
My OS is Windows 7.
My PC is 32bit (x86).
Original OS installed on the system was Windows 8.
My OS is a full retail version.
Age of system is 7 months old.
Normally the OS is 7 months old, but I re-installed W7 3,5 months ago.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor (4.00 GHz)
Video Card: ASUS EAH6670 Series
Motherboard: ASUSTeK M5A97 R2.0
Power Supply: Sorry, I couldn't find anything about it. And I can't open my computer case.

System Manufacturer: I've set up the computer by myself.
Exact model number: There isn't.

- Thanks.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
4,349 Posts
Hi,

We have various bug checks, but I am only going to show one as it overpowers the rest in terms of importance and what it means:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

A fatal hardware error has occurred. This fatal error displays data from the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

If we run an !errrec on the 2nd parameter of the bugcheck (address of the WER structure) we get the following:

===============================================================================
Section 0 : Processor Generic
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ 8677109c
Section @ 86771174
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x86
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Instruction Execute
Flags : 0x00
Level : 1
CPU Version : 0x0000000000600f20
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000004

===============================================================================
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ 8677112c
Section @ 867712b4
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal

Error : ICACHEL1_IRD_ERR (Proc 4 Bank 1)

ICACHEL1_IRD_ERR = L1 Cache error on the CPU, possibly faulty. It occurred specifically on Processor 4 and Cache Bank 1.

4: kd> !sysinfo cpuinfo
[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 4334
Component Information = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ x86 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD
The CPU speed at the time of the crash was ~4.3 GHz which indicates Turbo mode was enabled and/or active.

There is only so much you can do with a bugcheck like this until it comes down to a faulty processor that will need to be replaced. Start from 1 and work downward:

1. Ensure your temperatures are within standard and nothing's overheating. You can use a program such as Speccy if you'd like to monitor temps - Speccy - System Information - Free Download

2. Clear your CMOS (or load optimized BIOS defaults) to ensure there's no improper BIOS setting - How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

3. Ensure your BIOS is up to date.

4. The only software conflict that can usually cause *124 bugchecks are OS to BIOS utilities from manufacturer's like Asus' AI Suite. If you have something like this software-wise, remove it ASAP.

5. If all of the above fail, the only left to do is replace your processor as it is faulty.

Regards,

Patrick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.