Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I formatted my computer, installed Windows XP professional and my games however when I press these buttons nothing happens. I'm the administrator and every thing else runs perfectly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Okay I see a windows security screen pop up I click on task manager the screen would disappear no task manager. I'm going to go get my PC Cillin installed today for a good scan for viruses and spyware. I get a error when I try to get into this registry.

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies"

I putted in gpedit.msc and went under user config\admin policies\system\ctrl+alt+del options then disabled all the stuff underneath there. I tried your registry fix but that didn't work. I even went under control panel went to user accounts clicked on "change the way users log on/off" and deselected the boxes underneath that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I just did a fresh install of Trend Micro's Pc Clinton 2005 when I did a spyware scan I got nothing and when I did a virus scan I got nothing. Although when I rebooted once I was able to get the windows security menu pop up when I press ctrl+alt+delete then clicked open task manager no window for task manager would pop out. Does this sound familar to anyone?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It appears no one is able to respond to my posts I'm picking this issue up with experts exchange I rectified my ctrl alt del problem by hiting these buttons just after I logged in.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just because you did a fresh install doesn't mean you don't have viruses. Most of the time i hear of people having no task manager they have no registry access either. And they have 100 or more infections in most cases....
-blitze

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.