Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to find out how to reboot my dell inspiron mini 910 with windows xp pro SP3 with a flash drive ive been trying to for the past few days and i cant figure it out PLEASE HELP !!!:4-dontkno

·
computer wizard
1,658 Posts
Not every new BIOS will allow you to configure the USB portto act as a bootable device. And some that do allow it don't make it easy,does your dell support this feature

·
computer wizard
1,658 Posts
boot the PC up,as it boots press the f2 key,when you get into the bios scroll to boot sequence,look there and see what is listed,if it is listed you need special tools to boot off a flash drive ,and the xp image on the flash drive has to be a ISO file /? why do you want to boot this way and not from disc?also that model properly has a recovery partition for reinstalling the system

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got in the pheonixBIOS setup utility the BIOS version is A00 . the reason i dont boot it from a CD is that when my friend got it from his friend it didnt have a cd and plus it doesnt have a CD drive its a notebook laptop only USB ports.

·
computer wizard
1,658 Posts
1 Turn on the computer.

2 When the Dell splash screen appears during the computer startup process, press and hold <Ctrl> and then press <F11>. Then, release both keys at the same time.

3 In the Dell PC Restore by Symantec window, click Restore. Alternatively, press <Tab> to highlight Restore, and then press <Enter>.

4 When a warning message appears stating that all data will be lost, click Confirm, or press <Tab> to highlight Confirm and then press <Enter>.

The Progress window will appear. Once the restore process starts, Dell PC Restore by Symantec usually takes about 8 to 10 minutes to finish.

When the restore process is complete, the following message will appear:
The system recovery process was successful.
5 Click Finish or press <Tab> to highlight Finish and then press <Enter> to restart the computer.The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received.

6 If you proceed with these steps you will loose all your data,so back it up if you need to save important files

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.