1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried
  • Press Windows key + X.
  • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
  • At the command prompt, type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. This will reveal the product key. Volume License Product Key Activation.
  • I know it is hidden somewhere

·
Super Moderator, Editor, Articles Team
12,222 Posts
Works on mine. Are you right clicking cmd and selecting run as administrator?

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
6,856 Posts
You can use a Visual Basic script to retrieve registry-based Windows keys (not those stored in the UEFI/BIOS). You can download the script here:

Copy that text and paste it into Notepad, saving it as a .vbs file. Then double-click to launch the file.

Doc - Citizen Lab's "Security Planner" (Bruce Schneier advisor) - Motherboard's comprehensive "Guide to Not Getting Hacked" - EFF's "Surveillance Self-Defense" - John Scott-Railton's "Digital Security Low Hanging Fruit" - "Digital Security and Privacy for Human Rights Defenders"

·
Banned
14 Posts
These are some of the 3rd party tools you can use to find the key:-
Nirsoft ProduKey
ShowKey Plus
Windows 10 Product Key Tool
Winkeyfinder
Magical Jelly Bean KeyFinder
I Hope you can find the key using these tools.

·
Moderator , - Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
Hi, for reasons far too complicated to explain here the best bet for getting this right is to use the "magic Jelly Bean Keyfinder"

Then to be sure, check the part key reference in this cmd (last key in MJB) if it matches magic jelly bean then it is correct.

Press the win + x keys select Powershell (admin) from the options, copy this cmd and right click anywhere in the PS window, the cmd will append to the prompt , press enter. Note:- most other methods DO not work

cscript C:\Windows\System32\slmgr.vbs -dli | out-file $home\slmgr.txt
notepad $home\slmgr.txt

·
Registered
37 Posts
Belarc Advisor, as was suggested, works very well.
As for the Magical Jelly Bean, Malwarebytes does not like that site. It blocked it repeatedly with a "Risk" warning.
Here is the exact warning:
(
Website blocked due to riskware
Website blocked: www.magicaljellybean.com

Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocked this website because it may contain malware activity.
We strongly recommend you do not continue.
)

·
7,738 Posts
Hi, you can safely ignore that warning, malwarbytes is not at all needed, Windows defender is vastly superior, Belarc will give you a key, however it will not be correct. Malwarebytes see's magic jelly bean as a registry attack it is because they don't know what they are doing, get rid of it. MJBean, it is perfectly safe runs on millions of our computers. Once you get the key confirm the last codes with the cmd I gave you.

notepad $home\slmgr.txt

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, you can safely ignore that warning, malwarbytes is not at all needed, Windows defender is vastly superior, Belarc will give you a key, however it will not be correct. Malwarebytes see's magic jelly bean as a registry attack it is because they don't know what they are doing, get rid of it. MJBean, it is perfectly safe runs on millions of our computers. Once you get the key confirm the last codes with the cmd I gave you.

notepad $home\slmgr.txt
Thanks.
MJB and Belark gave the same results (for the Windows 10 key).
The command did not work.
The 2nd line (OA3 ...) is the output from the command.
This was done a few times, the same result every time.
======

·
7,738 Posts
Hi, you are supposed to use Powershell, go back and read the previous posts, the output will give you the last set of the product key if MJB and Belac agree with this then you have the right key.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, you are supposed to use Powershell, go back and read the previous posts, the output will give you the last set of the product key if MJB and Belac agree with this then you have the right key.
I did read it a few times The post said Command Prompt.
"

• Click Command Prompt (Admin)
  • At the command prompt, type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. This will reveal the product key. Volume License Product Key Activation."
But, anyway, here is the Powershell output (the same if I used Powershell X86):

Same result.

·
Registered
40,892 Posts
Wrong code, Press the Windows key+X and click Powershell (Admin) Copy this text and right click it in Powershell to paste it in.
cscript C:\Windows\System32\slmgr.vbs -dli | out-file $home\slmgr.txt notepad $home\slmgr.txt

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wrong code, Press the Windows key+X and click Powershell (Admin) Copy this text and right click it in Powershell to paste it in.
cscript C:\Windows\System32\slmgr.vbs -dli | out-file $home\slmgr.txt notepad $home\slmgr.txt
Here is the result:

·
7,738 Posts
Hi, yes the cmd works you do need to copy it exactly as i posted (Powershell(admin) and copy:-

notepad $home\slmgr.txt

Note:- it is on two lines

·
7,738 Posts
Hi, I cannot make this any clearer IT's a cmd that has TWO lines exactly as I posted it!!!

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
6,856 Posts
In other words, two separate commands. The first command:
  1. cscript C:\Windows\System32\slmgr.vbs -dli | out-file $home\slmgr.txt

runs slmgr.vbs and redirects the output into a file named $home\slmgr.txt. Then the second command:

2. notepad $home\slmgr.txt

opens that $home\slmgr.txt file in Notepad for you.
Doc - Citizen Lab's "Security Planner" (Bruce Schneier advisor) - Motherboard's comprehensive "Guide to Not Getting Hacked" - EFF's "Surveillance Self-Defense" - John Scott-Railton's "Digital Security Low Hanging Fruit" - "Digital Security and Privacy for Human Rights Defenders"

·
7,738 Posts
Hi SpywareDr, please try this, no one else has had a problem with this, copy the below cmd and right click anywhere in the PS window the cmd will append to the prompt, press enter.

notepad $home\slmgr.txt

1 - 20 of 20 Posts