Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive have a hp pavilion a1740n with a P5LP-LE motherboard. im running vista. i flashed my bios with upgrade from hp.com. i got a bus-driver error on a blue screen. it told me to turn my computer off.

now when i turn my computer on i get a bios checksum error.

i put in the recovery disk and i get an error message. "no physical memory detected in the correct location for windows boot manager. the system cannot continue.

im so mad at hp support right now and im a+ certified and i wasnt taught anything about flashing bios.

please help!!!!!!!! from one nerd to another...:4-dontkno

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how do i get into bios and set everything back to the original settings? i know how to do it before the start up screen cums up by pressing f8.

if u could elaborate i would so be indebt to u.

the funny thing is im a+certified and i cant do this. i talk to the hp tech people and there answer was that i had to take it to a service center to have it worked on because they had software to fix it that i couldnt buy. i got pissed at them cause the person didnt know what a chipset was. lol

·
Premium Member
77,999 Posts
turn the computer off
remove the power lead from the back
take the side off
remove the cmos battery
move the cmos jumper from pins 1 and 2 to pin 2 and 3 and the back to pins 1 and 2
replace the battery
put the side on
replug in the power lead
boot the computer

there can be 2 solder points you touch with a screwdriver
2 pins you touch with a screwdriver or use a jumper
a cmos clear switch or button
there will be a diagram and instructions in your manual

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yall are too cool! i thought that was what i needed to do but i did think that would reset the bios. but i dont think it will work. but i think yall know what is right. thank you!!!!!

i will respond if it doesnt work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok didnt work. i did the jumper thing and took out the cmos battery. still the same thing. then turned on my computer. how do i reflash with out having a bios to boot windows to run the file. do i need a boot file? and how is a cmos resetting dont. is that when ur in bios and reset the bios settings? im confused!!!!!

It think i didnt desribe my problem correctly!
See i flashed my bios then had to turn my computer off during the process. so i cant access bios because there is none. i flash the eeprom chip.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
what model is your motherboard ?

you can buy replacement bios chips already flashed for the version of the bios you were trying to upgrade to

you can find several vendors on ebay >>>>> just search bios chip

or look here

http://www.biosman.com/extraction.html

http://www.bioschip.com/remove_dip.html

once you tell us what motherboard you have I will check to see which bios chip you have; I would expect Dipp

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.