Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am looking to upgrade my current system. I made a big mistake buying the processor first, because my current mobo didn't accept it.

I bought a core 2 quad q8400 95w not 65w and i need a new mobo that supports it. My current RAM is not enough and to slow so i will also be upgrading that. I have about a $150 budget. So tell me if these parts are good enough and work with one another. If not give me some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Parts I'm currently looking at.

MOBO:Newegg.com - ASUS P5G41-M LE/CSM LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
RAM: I'm buying one stick to start and maybe another one down the road
Newegg.com - Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 4GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model 991762

Current other hardware
hard drive:500 GB 7200 rpm SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec)
video card: Xfx 9800gt Newegg.com - XFX PVT98GYDLU GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
PSU: 650 watts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You're asking for a lot from a small budget. You're pretty much at the minimum requirements to run the game, and you're going to be pushing the system hard to try and run it to be honest. Upgrading the GPU is going to be necessary as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
That is correct, the license will tie itself to the mobo unless you get a retail version which is usually 2x more.

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Full

OEM versions of Windows 7 are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.