Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I a,m sorry if this has been asked before, I am using Windows XP and all of the sudden there was a bar showing something aout DrWatson debugger. As soon as that bar went on, my PC hanged and I was forced to reboot. Yet, as I reboot my PC, the Windows won't load. The screen went to load Windows XP and then it went straight back to the first screen when I was turning on my PC. I can;t access Windows and even under Safety Mode. Everytime the Windows load, it went back to square one.

I've looked about DrWatson on other sitem including this one. The solution is by getting through the Run command. The problem is, I can't acess Windows.

Please help me, I'm a bit paranoid as this is the first time my PC crashes. Sorry if I sound annoying.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Tap F8 as if you were going into Safe Mode, but instead, choose the "Last Known Good Configuration" option at the boot menu.

G

·
As i was reading your post a customer walked in with almost the same problem. And we decided to install this HD as slave to a different computer save his data and DBAN ( fill with zeros - best formatting option ) and put everything from scratch. I tried resetting CMOS and last known good cfg with no positive results. Just giving you an alternative idea. I hope some one can come up with a fix for you.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Your next option is to go into the Recovery Console to try and fix things with commands such as CHKDSK and FIXBOOT. To get to the Recovery Console, you will need to boot from your XP CD or boot from the 4 setup floppies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.