Tech Support banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm a computer enthusiast since I was a kid. I'm now 28 years old, I started working as a network admin since a month. Basically to do anything I have to search it online. I'm not sure what courses I must take to level up and get hired in bigger companies, specially that the salary I'm getting here is just enough for basic food.
"network admin" is not my dream job but I'm enjoying it although I'm looking for something bigger.
I understood that the first step is CCENT CCNA CCNP. after this things are pretty misty.
I need guidance, please advice me.

Thank you :) <3

·
Moderator , Windows Tech Team , Hardware Tech T
Operating Systems || Hardware || Most Tech Stuff
3,158 Posts
Network Admin is probably the toughest of the techs I've seen, your concepts have to be extremely strong and good understanding of OSI Layers and N/W architecture. If you're passionate about it, then go for it, but there are a LOT of concepts to be understood. CCIE is the Master level cert, however it takes a lot of training and understanding of Networks at their core architecture level.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hello, so basically i need to finish the the CCNA CCNP and then go for the CCIE?
Or should I start with the A+ and Network+?

What jobs does a certified CNA get? what are the general job roles?

·
Registered
41,062 Posts
Comp TIA A+ is the easiest of all certifications to get and the one everyone who calls themselves a computer tech should have under these under their belt. Then it is a matter or what you want to do. If you want to be a System Admin then you want to get the Microsoft Certifications. Or if you would like to Administer Cisco Routers and Switches, then take the CCNA, CCNP certifications. My personal opinion is to stick with Microsoft in tandem with Linux as all working companies require System Admins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts